We are looking for a passionate front-end developer to join the team. The right person will be required to provide the team with technical expertise, give direction with regards to technologies used and collaborate with in-house (and sometimes outsourced) UI and UX designers and developers in order to provide a bridge between design and technical implementation and ultimately create excellent solutions for our clients.
Besides the front-end development, there will be the opportunity to develop back-end .Net and OO programming, depending upon the appetite of the individual.
Working with other team members and stakeholders, actively participate in the full development lifecycle, including:
- Workshops, research and testing sessions with stakeholders/clients
- Requirements gathering and definition including creating user stories.
- Working on project proposals and pitches
- Development of full optimised and scalable UI experiences using up-to-date technologies
- Aiding the team in recognising and resolving technical issues
- Identifying and helping mitigate project risk
- Aiding in the ongoing improvement of the team’s processes and the businesswide Scrum processes
- Good understanding of CSS and pre/post-processors (We use Sass and autoprefixer)
- Semantic HTML5
- Experience using task runners, eg Webpack or Gulp
- Good knowledge of REST APIs and AJAX
- Comfortable using Git version control
- Node and npm/yarn dependency management
- Proficient in Photoshop/Illustrator/Sketch
- Some experience with Azure or other cloud hosting
- Exposure to CMS platforms (ideally Umbraco)
- Good understanding of W3C standards and accessibility
- Understanding of web security and risk mitigation techniques
- Understanding of/experience working with Agile methodologies and the Scrum framework
- A modular approach to CSS (we use BEM)
- Experience of React/Redux
- Experience with .Net, C# or VB
- Experience with SQL and Data modelling
Dare West have invested heavily in developing a robust Agile workflow. This workflow is now established and in use across all of the projects running through the agency. This is a great opportunity to work in a truly Agile environment and learn from a team who have developed the processes.
The successful candidate will have real influence and involvement in the development process. They will spend time working with the other business units within Dare West to ensure the success of the project
Competitive salary, plus:
- 25 days of holiday plus and extra birthday day-off (must be taken within the month of your birthday)
- Contributory pension scheme 1% employee and 1% employer
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers (non-taxable)
- Eye care vouchers
- Ride 2 Work Cycle scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties
- Free breakfast
- We have a robust career review system in place, which a successful candidate would be included in.
Dare West is the Bristol hub of Dare and as such, there are opportunities to work across a large range of exciting projects and to also work alongside the Dare London team on certain projects. As part of the Inside Ideas Group we also work with other group companies – in particular OLIVER. This has included web development on leading brands like Starbucks and The Economist.
+44 0203 142 3699