We are currently seeking a passionate and talented back-end developer to join our team. The right person will be required help us build first class products by bringing to the team technical expertise, giving direction with regards to technologies and best practice and collaborating with product owners as well as clients to help in the refining of requirements.
We’ll be looking for an excellent understanding of object oriented programming, a good communicator, a keen learner and someone with a strong desire to be a contributor to an ever evolving, agile team.
Working with other team members and stakeholders, you will be required to actively participate in the full development lifecycle, including:
- Playing an active role in solutions architecture
- Delivering excellent, secure and robust code
- Attending workshops, research and testing sessions with stakeholders/clients
- Requirements gathering and definition including creating and refining user stories
- Working on project proposals and pitches
- Aiding the team in recognising and resolving technical issues
- Identifying and helping mitigate project risk
- Aiding in the ongoing improvement of the team’s development processes and the businesswide Scrum processes.
The list below detail our “perfect candidate”, but we welcome applicants of all levels if they feel they are are on the right path.
- Several years’ full lifecycle software development experience
- Excellent, demonstrable understanding of OO principles
- Excellent, demonstrable understanding of coding standards and best practices
- Excellent understanding of the following technologies:
- .Net (C#)
- MVC and Razor
- Web API and REST
- Solid experience working with Agile methodologies and a strong understanding of the Scrum framework
- Solid experience working with CMS systems such as Umbraco, Sitecore
- Good understanding of GIT and source control practices (i.e. gitflow)
- Good, demonstrable understanding of SOLID software design practices
- Good, demonstrable understanding of secure coding practices
- Good, demonstrable understanding of data modelling techniques and practices
Experience using Azure or other cloud hosting solutions
- Experience setting up and using continuous deployment/integration
- Experience with mobile app development, i.e. Xamarin
- Experience writing unit tests and of unit test frameworks
- Some experience using with Angular.JS
- Some experience with Node.JS
- Some experience using task runners such as Grunt/Gulp/Npm
Dare West has invested heavily in developing a robust Agile workflow. This workflow is now established and in use across all of the projects running through the agency. This is a great opportunity to work in a truly Agile environment and learn from a team who have developed the processes.
The successful candidate will have real influence and involvement in the development process. They will spend time working with the other business units within Dare West to ensure the success of the project
Dare West is the Bristol hub of Dare and as such, there are opportunities to work across a large range of exciting projects and to also work alongside the Dare London team on certain projects. As part of the Inside ideas, we also work with other group companies – in particular OLIVER. This has included web development on leading brands like Starbucks and The Economist.
Good salary, plus:
- 25 days of holiday plus and extra birthday day-off (must be taken within the month of your birthday)
- Contributory pension scheme 1% employee and 1% employer
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers (non-taxable)
- Eye care vouchers
- Ride 2 Work Cycle scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties
- Free breakfast
- We have a robust career review system in place, which a successful candidate would be included in.
+44 0203 142 3699